Urban Descent cares about protecting your privacy and is required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“Principles”) contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
This Policy sets out how Urban Descent collects, stores, uses and discloses personal information.
The Principles govern the use of “personal information”, which is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. It need not matter that the information is correct or not or whether it is recorded in a material form or not.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information held by Urban Descent about you may include:
- Date of birth
- Telephone numbers
- E-mail address and
- Your health condition
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Urban Descent collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by telephone, electronic messages (including email and SMS) or in documents such as ‘change of particulars’ forms.
- Directly from you, via our website when you register for an event.
- From the My Cause fundraising platform.
- Directly from you via Facebook when you sign up for more information about our events.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Communicate to you to update you on the latest fundraising events in your area.
- To discuss your current registration with the Urban Descent team.
- To communicate with you once you have registered for an Urban Descent event via email.
- We may contact and communicate with you either via telephone, post, facsimile, email, or SMS.
We will not communicate with you unless you have been given an opportunity to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you would like to stop receiving any future communication from us, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us
HOW WE WITHHOLD AND STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Urban Descent may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers.
- Paper records.
Urban Descent will store your personal information in a secure environment. It is protected by a combination of physical and technological measures. We have taken all reasonable steps to carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure. If you want more information about the way we manage the information we hold please contact us as we would be happy to provide you with further information on our processes. Our contact details can be found at the end of this document.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access your information, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons and in some circumstances, we may need to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
GIVING US FEEDBACK
For any opt-out or enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 8 9472 4663.